Not to make you fill up on Jelly Beans
but just for fun and that Halloween spirit.
Jelly Belly jelly beans are the main ingredient
in this Halloween cupcake scary treat.
Here's what you gonna need:
• 4 jumbo cupcakes, baked in orange paper liners
• 12 standard cupcakes, baked in orange paper liners
• 1 can (16 oz) chocolate frosting
• 32 Jelly Belly Mint Cremes (about 4 oz)
• 32 Jelly Belly Licorice Pastels (about 1 oz)
• 6 cups (about 3 lbs.) Jelly Belly jelly beans in flavors: Watermelon, Juicy Pear, and Island Punch
• 64 Jelly Belly Assorted Wiggle Worms (about 1 lb., 2 oz.)
• 16 Very Cherry Jelly Belly jelly beans (about 1/2 oz)
And here's what you need to do to make
16 CREEPY CRITTER CUPCAKES.
1. Fill a small zipper bag with 1/4 cup of the chocolate frosting. Press out the excess air and seal the bag.
2. Cut a small corner (1/8 inch) from the bag, put a dot of frosting on the flat side of the Mint Cremes and attach a Licorice Pastel to make the monster eyes.
3. Spread some of the chocolate frosting on top of a cupcake, one by one.
4. Put similar color Jelly Belly jelly beans all around the outer edge of the cupcake working from center to outer edge. Put the next row of jelly beans, slightly overlapping the first one.
Continue until it is covered.
5. Remove 4 of the jelly beans along the outer edge and replace with the ends of 4 Wiggle Worms as legs. Add a dot of chocolate frosting to secure it if necessary.
6. Pipe dots of frosting and attach the Mint Creme eyes and red jelly bean nose on top of the cupcake.
That's all. Have a very 'sweet and scary' fun time.
in this post: activities, Baking, Birthday, Cake, Cooking, Cup Cake, Cupcake, festival, Food, Halloween, holiday, Jelly Beans, Scary, spooky, Sweets, Treat